Sunday, October 21, 2012

Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup

Bake a ham. Save the Ham juice you get, this is excellent in this soup. Gives is lots more flavor.
 
In a large kettle put about 1 quart of ham juice and 1 quart of water, 1 - 2 large onions, about 12 - 15 potatoes(peeled & diced) and about 1 pound of cooked, diced ham.
 
Cook this until potatoes are tender. Add about 2 pounds velveeta cheese (whole or cubed) and 1 cup milk.
 
Cook until chesse is melted and the soup is heated throughly.
 
I take my leftover soup and put into quart jars and I freeze it. Fresh soup anytime you want it (I take it out the day before we want it again).
 
 
I like to use 2 quarts of ham juice and 1 quart of water. I use 1 onion instead of 2. I use 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk depending on thick it is. And I usually use 1 - 1 1/2 pounds cheese. We garnish it with fresh ground black pepper jsut before eating.
 
You could twwek this recipe anyway you would like to.
 
Simple and easy to make and very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You very much for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment so I know that you were here.